However, I am also wanting to use what I have learned to make other minis "table ready".
So first I had to define what I felt was "table ready" for myself.
- It has to look like the character from the game.
- It has to stand out on the board.
- It has to be clear which character it is.
- It has to look good at play distance, which is normally at least 30cm away.
- It does NOT need to look amazing at close up distances.
Then I had to set myself a goal with regards to how long I think it should take me to do a "table ready" mini. I have started with a time frame of 2 hours, but I hope to get it down closer to 60-75 minutes. This includes all setup and cleanup time, in an hour of painting time, I probably only spend about 20 minutes with brush in hand.
So here is my first attempt at this. Hugo the Glorious from DungeonQuest: Revised Edition.
Here is the original art from the game I was trying to replicate.
The DungeonQuest minis are a lot smaller than the Imperial Assault ones, only about 30mm high. Those squares behind him are 1 inch.
All in all, I am very happy with this.
I need to get a better system for taking photo's of miniatures. The camera I have doesn't seem to be able to cope very well.