Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Nemesis Base Game Aliens

It took me months to "Speedpaint" these because I tried several different techniques, and I lost my motivation part way through.

I didn't spent too long on each figure. Overall about 2-3 hours on each, with most of the effort on the large ones; I just didn't paint much while I was doing them.

Overall, I am pretty happy with them, and think they look a lot better than the sundrop effect that I could have paid $100 for.

First off, all the figures together. On the box they showed the Queen with a blue colour, but I wanted to do something interesting so I did an effect where they started off green and turned more blue as they aged, keeping the plating green. I think it worked well overall and makes the figures more interesting.

I decided to make the bases a metallic dark blue because that was what the board was, and the damaged protruding metal because it looked a little like construction metal, it would contrast the figures, and mostly because I like orange and don't use it as often as I would like.

Here is the Queen and her new hatchlings.


 The next level of growth for the aliens, a little less green, a little more scary.

Now they are fully gown adults, ready to do serious damage to the ship's crew.

In the background is one of the larger aliens. Didn't get many good photos of these, but they were the least interesting figures. Scary on the table though.

This was supposed to be a more artistic shot with some blurring effects done deliberately. It's okay.

As always, I hope you like the photos and the painting.

Mostly these are now going to live in the game box and be unseen for the next year or so. That's the way it seems to work. Most of the figures I have painted haven't seen light for years,

Bones Griffin and a Rebase

This is the Griffin (I keep wanting to type Gryphon) from Bones 1.
It was mostly done with a speed wet blend and some shades.


I had to rebase it after it was painted because the base was too small and it kept falling over, so the base was added after the paint was completed. This is the first time I have done this. The base was done in several steps as it's quite a large mini.
First I used two metal pins screwed and glued into the figure, then glued those into holes screwed into the new base. Then I used Green Stuff to form a more solid bond between the mini base and the new base. Then I used a basing texture to match the existing base to the new base, then I repainted the basing texture to match and gave it a new wash. I think it came out quite well.

The main figure took about 2-3 hours, the rebase took about 2 hours.



I hope you like it.

Monday, March 18, 2019

Stuffed Fables - A Speedpainting Project

It's actually been a busy year for my painting, I just haven't been posting much.

Here is the results of a month long speedpainting project. About 40 hours work all up.

Stuffed Fables.

I hope you like it.